The organ systems affected by drug use that are involved in women’s reproductive health are the Liver, Spleen and Kidneys (see section on TCM perspective on drug use).
Disharmonies in menstrual regularity, and health can be improved by restoring balance to these organs through herbs, nutrition, acupuncture, bodywork and exercise.
- Cold or frozen foods
- Refined sugars
- Hydrogenated fats (margarines, other butter substitutes, many processed foods such as biscuits)
- Polyunsaturated cooking oils
- Excessive consumption of fruit or raw foods in general
Influences on a woman’s menstrual cycle –
- Accumulation of steroid residues from consumption of non-organic poultry, eggs, meats & dairy products
- Suppression of thyroid activity (& its effects on the endocrine system) by Fluoride in our water
- Insufficient levels of antioxidant Vitamin E (essential for smooth menstruation) destroyed by chlorine in our water
- Oral contraceptives & Intrauterine devices (IUD’s) can lead to sluggish vital energy (Qi) & blood circulation in the uterus
Ensure a diet plentiful in the following –